Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 3, Evening

Tonight was a group dinner to a restaurant nearby. Comparing tonight's meal to last night's is like comparing Olive Garden to Davide's....it was good but not memorable. This is what happens when you go with a group...you gotta just go with the flow. It was Ristorante Cleto near the hotel. What is it about business travellers that they don't want to be adventurous? I had my travel book...there were so many choices!! Oh well, I'm gonna sneak out of the conference for a Siesta tomorrow and see the Pantheon and have lunch near there.
The food was ok, I had pasta fra diablo....good but not great. For Secondi I had Veal Scallopini. Cappacino/Orange Gelato....for dessert down the street. The only highlight is we had these two old guys sing at the table...That's Amore, Volare etc. They were great. Food was just ok.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Pantheon is a great piece of architecture, although it is not an original.

Built in 27 BC and rebuilt in 128 AD a fine work of art, for sure.

If you go to an Italian Ristorante tonight, order the Chef's special, just a thought.

Salute,
RB

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I betcha the Olive Gahdens in Rome are awesome!!

Josh the Occasional World Traveler said...

Dinner tonight is the Gala dinner...at the Grand Hotel