Wednesday, September 26, 2007

About my room, and Day 4 morning


Well first off, it has a bide which I have never used before, and have no idea how to use. The only time I’ve ever seen it in action is in the film Crocodile Dundee, and lets just say I’m just like Paul Hogan, no thank you! TV has one English channel. It took me 3 days to figure out that the button next to my bed controls the lights (I had gotten up and used the switch by the door every night). The room has interior wooden shutters which are great for not only the light but also the noise…as the street can be noisy. Breakfast is free, but I skipped it today as I’m kind of sick of the selection.
Today I woke up late went to the Conference for an hour and now I’m back in my room. My plan is to go back for the sessions from 12-1 then take off during lunch and do the Pantheon. Instead of doing the conference lunch, I’ll grab a pizza near in the Piazza near it.
Tonight is the Gala dinner where I’m receiving my awards. Tomorrow I fly out at 1:15, so I’m probably skipping out of the conference and either doing some shopping or going to another attraction. I can’t believe this trip is almost over!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe the bide is only for the female sex, good thing you didn't use it, you never know what would he happened...

Congratulations on your three awards, I am very happy for you.

Unknown said...

Try to stay through Sunday to watch the C's in training camp...

"Pierce knows something must give now, and he's willing to do his part. Training camp opens Sunday in Rome."
--Boston Globe 9/26

Also the Red Sox won and Yankees lost, 5 to go and three is the magic number for the division.

Anonymous said...

To Raphael, et al,

A bidet is used by both sexes for cleansing purposes.